The European FDM Association (EFDMA) was formed in November 2006 by Georg Harrer, MD from Austria and Christoph Rossmy, DO from Germany. Both men have served as the president of this organization, Stefan Anker followed them and Lukas Trimmel M.D. is the newest president of this growing association. With leaders in both Austria and Germany, and the offering of many FDM seminars to both osteopaths in training as well as physicians, the growth of the FDM has been fastest in Europe. Now with FDM practitioners in at least Austria, Germany, Poland, Italy, and France, the EFDMA is truly serving Europe.
Christoph Rossmy, DO and Christian Stein, MD began the Typaldos Akademie several years ago and in addition to teaching the FDM, they are actively involved in doing research on the FDM. Both men presented at the Fascia Research Congress in Amsterdam in 2009.
The new EFDMA board elected in 2015 includes:
· President Lukas Trimmel MD (DEU)
· Vice President Klaus Wachter MD (DEU)
· Vice President Mag. Joachim Stolz (DEU)
· Treasurer Lars Werner D.O. (DEU)
· Secretary Gerlinde Feiel-Schmidt D.O. (AUT)
· Board Member Bernd Laudenberg MD (DEU)
· Board Member Eike Jürgen Haessler MD (DEU)
The 7th FDM World Congress will be held September 22-27, 2017 in Cologne, Germany. FDM practitioners from around the world will gather to learn and share about the Fascial Distortion Model.