The European FDM Association (EFDMA) was formed in November 2006 by Georg Harrer, MD from Austria and Christoph Rossmy, DO from Germany. Both men have served as the president of this organization and Stefan Anker is the newest president of this growing association. With leaders in both Austria and Germany, and the offering of many FDM seminars to both osteopaths in training as well as physicians, the growth of the FDM has been fastest in Europe. Now with FDM practitioners in at least Austria, Germany, Poland, Italy, and France, the EFDMA is truly serving Europe.
Christoph Rossmy, DO and Christian Stein, MD began the Typaldos Akademie several years ago and in addition to teaching the FDM, they are actively involved in doing research on the FDM. Both men presented at the Fascia Research Congress in Amsterdam in 2009.
The new EFDMA board elected in 2017 includes:
· President Lukas Trimmel, M.D. (DEU)
· Vice President Klaus Wachter, M.D. (DEU)
· Vice President Mag. Joachim Stolz (AUT)
· Treasurer Lars Werner, D.O. (GER)
· Secretary Gerlinde Feiel-Schmidt, D.O. (AUT)
· Board Member Bernd Laudenberg (GER)
· Board Member Eike Jürgen Haessler (GER)
The 7th FDM World Congress was held on September 22-27, 2017 in Cologne, Germany. FDM practitioners from around the world gathered to learn and share about the Fascial Distortion Model.