All AFDMA modules are taught by instructors certified by AFDMA. The Pathway to becoming an instructor is by invitation and the qualifications a practitioner mush have to sit for the instructor exam are:
- Have passed the International Certificate exam.
- Be practicing the FDM, with at least 600 hours annually of practice.
- Agree to accept and endorse the AFDMA principles and mission.
- Be an active member of the AFDMA and maintain active membership in the organization.
- Have a signed contract with the AFDMA.
- Choose a mentor from the instructor pool.
- Present at least 5 case presentations at FDM modules. Performance checklist will be used to verify.
- Curricular Requirements include:
- Two full AFDMA seminar cycles is essential, four AFDMA seminar cycles or equivalent needed.
- Publications on the FDM (published works approved by the AFDMA) could substitute for one module (up to 3).
- Presenting on the FDM at World Congress or Scientific seminar or advanced course presentation could replace one module for no more than 3 modules being replaced.
- As an instructor, they agree to meet annually. The active instructors will decide the consequences for instructors who do not meet the criteria established.
The Pathway exam will be administered by three instructor examiners (one of which must be an AFDMA board member). Alterations to juror panel are at the discretion of the AFDMA board. The written test requires a passing score of 80%. All testees will present their case in front of the instructors with additional presentation to include vision and reason for becoming instructor. This presentation will be interactive. The practical exam will be administered by instructor examiners.
FDM Global Organization (FDMGO)
AFDMA is proud to be a member of the FDM Global Organization (FDMGO). The FDMGO is an international collective of the three international FDM associations that has been formed to help move the FDM forward in an organized and collaborative manner. Members of the FDMGO have reached an agreement that will help coordinate curriculum, set parameters for the spread of FDM, and create standards for those people who are interested in reaching the status of being Internationally Certified in the practice of FDM.
As apart of the AFDMA, members agree to support the core beliefs of the FDGO that no treatment videos will be displayed open source on the internet. Before and after treatment demonstrations are okay, but no complete treatments will be made available online in an open source format.
Additionally, Instructors associated with each organization operate under the agreement of FDMGO which has agreed to follow the national designations associated with FIFA for the sake of dividing countries that can be engaged in teaching. For example, the AFDMA instructors are allowed to teach in any of the countries associated with the United Sates under FIFA. Any other countries that an AFDMA instructor might be interested in teaching in has to go through the main FDM association of that region for approval.
Full AFDMA module cycle is defined as the completion of Module 1, 2, and 3.
If you are interested and feel you qualify to sit for the examination, please contact Holly Macriss, AFDMA Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.