The AFDMA was established following the death of Stephen Typaldos, DO, originator of the Fascial Distortion Model in order to fulfill his vision to bring the FDM into medicine, specifically by training physicians. As an organization accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide category 1A CME for physicians, our membership categories reflect our responsibility in this relationship.
Currently, membership supports the growth of the FDM through seminars and publications that we are able to provide. See full mission statement to see what we are about. As we grow we plan to add a number of benefits for membership, including:
- A member’s only forum on our website where any member will be able to ask questions about the FDM and engage in conversation with other members
- Discounts on seminars and publications
- Be listed as an FDM provider on our website
- Scholarships for medical students to attend FDM seminars
- Funding research on the FDM
There are five categories of membership in the AFDMA:
- Voting Physician Members (AOA members)
- Non-voting Physician Members
- Student Members (for medical students)
- Affiliate Members (PA-C, NP, PT)
- Honorary Members
Members who complete one of three AFDMA modules will be listed on the AFDMA Find a Practitioner page. The information you provide on your member sign-up form will be visible on the Find a Practitioner page. Please make sure to provide the information you want visible and omit any information you do not want listed. You have the option to opt out of this member benefit at the time you sign-up. You can also make changes to your Find a Practitioner listing or remove your listing at any point. Maintaining an active AFDMA membership will keep your listing active on the Find a Practitioner page.